As we strive to meet our purpose WEHA will:
* Encourage the employment of qualified Environmental Health professionals.
* Stimulate forums for dialogue and exchange of information.
* Foster professional and ethical growth of members.
* Actively participate in the legislative and political process to promote and advocate for Environmental Health.
* Offer leadership opportunities to members.
* Educate and recruit professionally trained individuals to the Environmental Health profession.
* Promote professional certifications and provide continued educational opportunities.
* Recognize outstanding achievement, service and contributions by members.
Environmental Health is the area of activity which deals with the protection of human health through the assessment, management, control and prevention of environmental factors which may adversely affect the health, comfort, safety and well-being of human populations. Read the Environmental Health Careers Brochure (pdf).